Hitachi Vantara (REAN Cloud Division) helps customers build, operate and manage breathtaking “Data Machines” and “Cloud Native Applications” for their data-driven businesses.
At REAN, we believe in building high performance teams who are passionate about what they do. We enjoy learning from each other and our clients, and our spirit of collaboration permeates everything we do.
We are seeking experienced and versatile Sr Software Engineers. The ideal contributor will work with a skilled team developing and operating enterprise-grade Software.
- Strong background in commercial-grade software development with Java, SQL
- Experience in building Web Applications with Groovy, Grails, Java Script, HTML5, CSS
- Strong experience with middle-tier web services development (REST APIs & JSON)
- Ability to work across all layers of an application, from back-end databases through UI
- Proficient with SQL databases and knowledge of standard methodologies
- Ability to work with development teams to deliver high-quality solutions
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Excellent documentation habits
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows operating systems
Optional Skills Not Required
- Experience with enterprise-scale data warehouse technologies (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Data Warehouse, Vertica, Redshift).
- Good knowledge of NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with core services including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Experience with deployment automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Exposure to networking & load balancing solutions
Key Focused Areas
- Front End Application Development (Application Views & Controller) using the following
- Java Script
- Backbone and Handlebars
- Application backend development using Groovy, Grails and Java 1.8+.
- REST API design and development.
- 3rd-party application, service and data integration.
- Domain Entity and Behavior Modeling, Design, and Implementation
- Data Management, Mapping, Translation & Persistence
- Large-scale Data Management & Workflow Management